Today on Marketing Profs there was a great article (read here) on the value of creating brief, bite-sized content segments to increase reach and engagement for your content marketing and social marketing efforts. To build on these tips, we wanted to give you some ideas on how you can leverage audio to easily create a broad range of brief and compelling content.
Here are a few of the benefits of audio, when it comes to creating and sharing bite-size content:
- Creating audio content at scale is simple and cost effective.
- Audio is easy to consume at home, at the office, or on the go.
- Audio provides depth to your content by leveraging the power of the human voice.
- You can add rich meta data to your audio content to maximize your content for search.
If you are looking to test audio as part of your “snackable” content marketing strategy, here are a few ideas for getting started:
- Tip of the Day Series: Record and syndicate a 30-second audio tip of the day.
- Customer Testimonials and Interviews: Conduct and share a short customer interview or record a brief customer testimonial (featuring the real voice of the customer can be really effective)
- Q&A Series: Set up a live or recorded Q&A forum. A live session can be easily produced my leveraging a moderated town hall format. A recorded series can be simply created by providing your audience with a phone number where your they can call in to record a question. You can record answers to these questions, and put the questions and answers together for a shareable Q&A segment.
- User Generated Content: Their are several simple ways to capture and leverage the voices and stories of your community. You can use a toll-free phone number, a simple record features on your website, or a branded mobile apps to easily power a user-generated content program.
We hope these tips help get your creative juices flowing. If you you want to brainstorm further on how to integrate audio into your content marketing strategy, feel free to reach out to us. We would love to help.